Penfolds Magill Estate – synonymous with South Australia and world-class wine – has taken out the international Best of Wine Tourism Award for the category ‘Wine Tourism Services’.
Announced at a Gala Dinner in Chile as part of the Great Wine Capitals Annual General Meeting, Penfolds was selected by the International Best of Wine Tourism judging panel as a global leader in wine tourism.
A recent upgrade of the Penfolds Magill Estate Cellar Door, Restaurant and Kitchen, included specifically designed spaces to allow visitors to engage, explore and discover the quality and history of the Penfolds brand.
Seven South Australian wine businesses represented the state at this year’s Great Wine Capitals International Best of Wine Tourism Awards.
• Accommodation – The Louise (Barossa)
• Architecture and Landscape – Chapel Hill Winery (McLaren Vale)
• Art and Culture – Coriole Vineyards (McLaren Vale)
• Innovative Wine Tourism Experience – Henschke and Hutton Vale Farm (Barossa)
• Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices – Whistling Kite Vineyard (Riverland)
• Wine Tourism Restaurants – Hentley Farm Wines (Barossa)
• Wine Tourism Services – Penfolds Magill Estate (Adelaide Hills)
The Great Wine Capitals Global Network includes the internationally renowned wine regions of Napa Valley (US), Bordeaux (France), Rioja (Spain), Rheinhessen (Germany), Mendoza (Argentina), Porto (Portugal), Casablanca Valley (Chile), and Verona (Italy).
Adelaide’s membership in the network includes all 18 wine regions in SA, and is a collaboration between Brand South Australia, Primary Industries and Regions SA, the South Australian Tourism Commission and the South Australian Wine Industry Association.
In 2018, South Australia will be able to showcase its premium wine and exceptional tourism experiences to international wine delegates as host of the Great Wine Capitals Annual General Meeting.
The AGM will bring global wine industry representatives to Adelaide to learn more about our wine sector and collaborate and build networks not only with South Australia, but also between the international Great Wine Capital network.