Presented by Jenny Wynter and the Cabaret Fringe 2011
Reviewed Saturday 25th June 2011
Duration: 60 minutes
Australian Comedian, Jenny Wynter, has just wrapped up The Unexpected Variety Show as part of Adelaide’s Cabaret Fringe Festival. Audiences were treated to a clever, funny and moving show, as Wynter took us through the ups and downs of her life journey; from penniless and pregnant in Sydney, to life today with her husband and three children.
Wynter’s energy and passion were captivating, whether she was playing the piano and belting out a song, improvising with the audience, or singing and dancing.
Family and pursuing her dreams were strong themes throughout the show, and her honest and clever delivery moved the audience from laughter to tears.
Highlights included Wynter breaking out the robot dance while taking us through the joys of labour, donning a wig and accent for a character from her past, and the absolute stand out moment came at the end of the show when the whole journey came together in a beautiful song. I don’t want to give too much away, you’ll have to see it for yourself.
If you get a chance to see The Unexpected Variety Show you have to do it; you’ll laugh and you”ll be inspired.
Reviewed by Kathryn Noble, Guest Performing Arts Critic
You Might Also Enjoy
- Fringe: Family Fun Forecast for March Long Weekend with Fringe Street Theatre Festival
- Tennis: Klein Takes Adelaide Title
- Glenn Miller Orchestra Concert Spectacular At The Adelaide Cabaret Festival
- Ferrari Celebrates Its Return To Adelaide With An Impressive Line Up Of Events At The 2015 Clipsal 500
- Sally Phillips Launches AW15 Collection