Santos Tour Down Under Race Director Mike Turtur today confirmed that the two Aussies will compete on their home soil in January 2011 with the British-based Team Sky.
“As Aussie cycling legends and past winners of the Santos Tour Down Under, the arrival of Rogers and Gerrans will be great for cycling fans and I’d expect to see some strong performances,” says Mike Turtur.
Michael Rogers won the Santos Tour Down Under in 2002 and Simon Gerrans in 2006.
“Gerrans is a great cyclist and has shown his class by winning stages in all three Grand Tours.
“Mick Rogers will be one to watch in Adelaide as he debuts with his new team. His overall wins in the 2010 Tour of California and Tour of Adalucia shows he is as strong competition as ever.
“Team Sky will be a force to be reckoned with as they field a competitive team line-up, including Greg Henderson, Christopher Sutton, Mathew Hayman and Ben Swift, who all raced here last year.”
At the 2010 Santos Tour Down Under, Greg Henderson won the Cancer Council Classic criterium and Christopher Sutton won the final stage of the race.
Team Sky is Britain’s professional road cycling team and made their debut at the 2010 Santos Tour Down Under.
The 2011 Santos Tour Down Under will be held in Adelaide and regional South Australia from 16-23 January 2011. For further information visit www.tourdownunder.com.au
You Might Also Enjoy
- A Ten-Course Degustation to Challenge Your Ideas About Food and Wine Matching
- #WinterCoatADL Winter Coat Campaign Supporting Those In Need
- Laneway The Third Official Closing Party
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Your Way Through This Years’ Cabaret With Henry Wagons, Hayley Mary, Tex Perkins And More
- The Unley Launches, Adding Another Fantastic Venue To Adelaide’s Scene