“Fešta” – The Croatian Food & Wine Festival will showcase the best in Croatian food, wine and entertainment including live bands and DJ’s as well as a number of special guests.
Visitors to Fešta can savour a wide array of traditional Croatian recipes and home style cooking featuring prawns, tuna, calamari, octopus, whole spit roasted pork, lamb and beef, as well as old favourites like chevapchichi, sarma, homemade sausages and pita.
This year’s wine list takes on a truly intercontinental flavour with an expanded range of top-quality wines imported direct from Croatia’s premium wine growing regions. As usual there’ll be plenty of Croatia’s favourite beer ‘Karlovacko’.
Fešta specially caters for young families and children with loads of activities during the day; such as free face painting, free gingerbread heart decorating and other free activities, ‘Dave the Magician’ (with rabbit), amusement rides, side shows, hot dogs, hot chips and gelati. Vintage Tractor and Implement display.
Other guests and activities include:
• Croatian folkloric dance groups – special guests from Melbourne – Hrvatska Zora (Croatian Dawn), and KUD ‘Hrvatski Pleter’ (Adelaide). All accompanied by traditional Croatian string bands.
• A traditional cooking display with free sampling.
• Special guest appearances by political, media and sporting personalities with Croatian links, including Ivan Maric from the Adelaide Crows, Eugene Galekovic from A-League soccer club Adelaide United.
• Croatian Live Band – Adelaide’s own Zlatne Strune (Golden Strings).
• After Party with DJ Damo (Melbourne) + local DJs for those ready to party late into the night.
• Traditional village games such as ‘Kamena sa Ramena’ (Boulder off the Shoulder).
Supporting this year’s event as a major sponsor is Tomich Wines. Based in the Adelaide Hills and producing award winning premium wines of exceptional quality - all available at Fešta.
Finally, there will be plenty of Croatian singing and dancing to enjoy!
With Entry just $5 for adults, free entry for children (under 16) and free car parking, Fešta is an affordable and enjoyable day out for everyone.
“Fešta” – The Croatian Food & Wine Festival, will be held on Saturday November 27 at the Croatian Sports Centre at Gepps Cross from 11am.
- First Look At Paolo Sebastian’s Breathtaking 2015-16 Spring Summer Collection – The Nightingale
- The Santos Tour Down Under 2016 Race Routes Have Been Announced
- Photo Gallery: Tomich Wine Dinner
- You Had Me At Mushroom! A Review Of The Mushroom Month Menu At The Highway
- Adelaide Viewers To Get Exclusive First View Of Season Two Of Plonk Filmed In South Australia