Australia's most iconic summer event is back January 26th, which will see participants around the country once again attempt to break a world record of the longest line of giant inflatable havaianas joined in the water. Over its seven year history, The havaianas Australia Day Thong Challenge has continually raised funds for charity, and 2012 will be no exception with $10.00 from each registration going to the local Nippers club at each states beach.
Bring your friends, family and feisty competitive spirit along to a beach near you on January 26th, and take part in a world record attempt! What better way to spend Australia Day, than thonging around in the ocean on one of Australia's best beaches.
Bondi took out the challenge last year and beat neighbouring states, setting a new world record attempt of 2068 people. WA, SA, QLD & VIC the challenge is on, its time to band together for your state and win the coveted title!
For just $25 you can register to take part in all the fun. As part of your registration you will receive a giant inflatable havaianas (valued @ $49.95).
The havaianas 2012 Australia Day Thong Challenge will be held in five states across Australia at the following beaches:
New South Wales – North Bondi Beach
South Australia – Glenelg Beach
Queensland – Mooloolaba Beach
Victoria – Torquay Beach
Western Australia – Cottesloe Beach
If you are 8-14 years old, you must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. You can only purchase these tickets if you are 14+ years old.
You Might Also Enjoy
- What Does Labor’s Marriage Equality Bill Actually Mean?
- New Analysis Suggests Aussies To Ditch DIY This Holiday Weekend
- Get Warm And Fuzzy These Winter School Holidays With Windmill Theatre’s New Interactive Teddy Bear Musical!
- Naomi Murrell Launches New Clothing Collection
- South Australian Hotels Tipped As Some Of The Best In Gourmet Traveller Australian Hotel Guide Awards