This is pretty much the stuff dreams are made of right?
We all remember the time that Zac Efron came to Adelaide for his film premiere at Westfield Marion, and my hearing STILL hasn’t recovered from all the wildly shrieking girls.
To be honest, his eyes WERE dazzling, but wait. I’m getting distracted.
KATY PERRY IS COMING TO ADELAIDE THIS WEEKEND!
And whether you’re one of the lucky ones, clutching at the magical tickets that will get you in to see her show (or not), you’ll be able to head along to Westfield Marion (they just keep bringing the good don’t they?!) to see her in person THIS SUNDAY.
Katy Perry will be appearing at Westfield Marion thanks to the incredible people at Myer.
Enjoy pre-arrival entertainment by dancers and DJs spinning your favourite Katy Perry tunes from 2pm, then join Scott Tweedie, Australian radio host and presenter of the hit music program The Loop as he gets up close and personal for a Q&A with world renowned international artist Katy Perry.
This is a free event however spaces are limited.
Please note Katy Perry will not be performing.
- When: Sunday July 29
- Time: 2pm
- Location: Level 1, Centre Court
- Mecca Maxima Door opens: 7am
- Entry from: Mecca Maxima doors only from 7am. The rest of the centre will open as per normal Sunday trade.
Important information for the day
We’re just as excited as you to see Katy Perry! We’re expecting big crowds so here’s all the important information you’ll need to plan your visit.
How can I see Katy Perry?
- Katy Perry will be appearing on level 1 at Centre Court. This is a free non-ticketed event, with no guarantee you will gain access to the event viewing area. Katy Perry will not be performing.
- A limited amout of wristbands will be handed out admitting people into the event viewing area directly in front of the stage, given out in a ‘first come first served’ basis.
- If you have an admission wristband, you will be permitted to come and go from the viewing space as needed. There is however no guarantee when you return you will be in the same spot.
- If you do not receive a wristband there will be limited space available elsewhere, however viewing may be restricted.
- We will have a designated viewing area for persons who require special assistance. One carer per person will also be permitted in this space. Space in this area is limited and will be provided on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
What can I expect?
- Westfield Marion are expecting large crowds so be advised that noise levels will be high, which may be overwhelming for some people.
- This is a free non ticketed event, therefore once they reach capacity the area will be closed. There is no guarantee that you will gain access and be able to see the stage or Katy Perry.
Are there any instructions for the day?
- Entry for this event is only available via the Mecca Maxima entry, located in the undercover carpark opposite the Marion Cultural Centre. The centre opens at 7am and no access into the centre will be available before this time. The rest of the centre will open as per regular Sunday trade.
- No bags or backpacks larger than A4 size are permitted within the event space. Limited backpack storage will be available on level 1, next to Tarocash. You will need to drop your backpack off here before accessing the event viewing space.
- No chairs are allowed to be brought into the centre.
- Children will not be allowed in the event viewing space or in the centre without adult supervision. Children will not be permitted to go to the bathroom, or move around the centre without adult supervision.
- No prams will be allowed in the event viewing space. We highly recommend where possible, not to bring a pram. Limited pram storage will be available on level 1, next to Tarocash. You will need to drop your pram off here before accessing the event viewing space.
Where can I park?
- The carpark is open 24 hours, however you will not be able to access the centre until 7am, via the Mecca Maxima entry.
- Carparks can be accessed via Sturt Road, Diagonal Road or Morphett Road.
- Alternatively, public transport is recommended as we will be expecting large crowds and finding a park may be difficult. The Marion Centre Bus Interchange is located on Sturt Road; bus timetables and more information relating to Adelaide Metro services can be found here.
Will there be any food and drink available?
- The food court and restaurants will be open from 9am with some quick eats open even earlier.
Where can I use the restroom?
- The closest restrooms to the event are located on level 1, near Cibo and on level 2, in the Food Court. These include a parent’s room, male and female restrooms and a disabled toilet.
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!! Choose your best fangirl outfit, grab your mates and charge your devices. This is the day we’ve all been waiting for!