We love getting glammed up and heading out for a day at the races but if Morphetville’s too far or you’re just up for something a bit different, we’ve got the guide to South Australia’s best regional races starting this weekend.
Gawler Young Guns Day – 8th July
Something new is coming to Gawler Racecourse! The Maverick Marquee will be a first for the Young Guns Day Saturday July 8. The Maverick Marquee will feature:
- Exclusive area at the track fully covered and heated with epic views of the finish line
- 6 drinks including spirits + food & snacks included with each ticket + bar open for purchases after that
- Your own Bookie & U-Bet setup
- Silent Disco & DJ
- Bus ride to the Exchange Hotel (Gawler) for after party including a free drink on arrival
- Dress up for a massive afternoon!
City of Port Augusta Cup – 9th July
The renowned City of Port Augusta Cup is the major community event on Port Augusta’s social calendar, attracting thousands of race goers from far and wide.
General Admission: $20
Early Bird Tickets: $15
Under 18 Years: Free
Gates Open: 11am
BHP Roxby Downs Outback Cup – 5th August
The BHP Roxby Downs Outback Cup is a highly anticipated event on the outback social and sporting calendar.
Join in the fun of the most remote racing event in South Australia. The Roxby Downs Outback Cup combines the best of the outback with great hospitality and a bumper crowd every year.
GA from $30 per person.
SAJC Irish Day – 2nd September
Celebrate the Irish at Morphettville Racecourse for Irish Race Day.
With hospitality across the course in a variety of packages, everyone can feel the luck of the Irish and enjoy a day of racing action.
For the authentic Irish experience, celebrate Irish heritage with the ‘Taste of Guinness’ package. Enjoy live music, indulge in traditional Irish fare, and knock back a pint of Guinness or two as you take in some spectacular live racing. Tickets just $30. GA $10
The TNC Finlay Quorn Cup – 2nd September
This year, the Quorn Cup will feature:
- Bookmakers and on-course tote
- Excellent food from the Lions association
- Children’s entertainment
- Shuttle bus to the racecourse from railway station (gold coin donation)
General Admission: $18
Under 16s: Free
Gates Open: 11am
As the 2016/2017 competition comes to a close, the guest panel of judges will be chosen to determine the overall winners from the pool of the year’s 26 Best Dressed winners. Award winners will be announced after the Quorn Cup in September.