If you’ve ever thought about getting married in a tropical paradise, or have recently gotten engaged and are just OVERWHELMED with options (I was), there’s a seriously affordable option you need to know about.
I’ve just been in Fiji to check out the launch of the new direct Fiji Airways flights from Adelaide, and I stumbled across this amazing ‘Dream Wedding‘ package I thought I’d share with you. Now I’m sure there’s plenty of options out there from other resorts – but I’ve SEEN this one in action, and it’s a winner. As someone who got married in Bali, I’m across all the logistics of jetting off to get hitched, so I know what to look for when it comes to overseas packages, hidden costs and the like. So here’s what I found out.
Outrigger Fiji are offering up a $7,500 all inclusive wedding package for 50 guests which also comes with a wedding planner to sort out all the details for you. The wedding ceremony can be held in a tropical garden or beach setting or in the resort’s chapel. The chapel is on top of a gorgeous hill which overlooks the coral coastline and the resort itself. The reception is then held in a private, fairy lit area by a beautiful private pool in the main resort and they only hold one wedding per day so all the attention is on you. I’ve seen it all set up we were touring the resort – and it’s beautiful.
So if flying off to a sunny, tropical paradise with warm, friendly Fijians taking the stress out of planning your wedding, isn’t enough of a reason to book – here’s some more reasons to consider this option.
- There are now direct flights from Adelaide to Fiji which means guests with short timelines can jump on a Fiji Airways flight on Friday night after work, enjoy your wedding on Saturday or Sunday, and then leave Fiji on Monday afternoon, returning to Adelaide by 8pm Monday night. One day off work in total. It sure beats some of the stuffing around that my guests had to deal with when we had the Bali wedding – plus there’s no terrorism issues or volcanos to delay things. Your guests who can’t get a lot of time off will love you for it. Plus those who want to stay will have a gorgeous resort to enjoy for as long as their annual leave allows!
- The wedding package includes the ceremony, marriage license, church minister or celebrant, tropical flower arrangement, bouquet and button hole flower and the resort’s serenaders. It also includes a reception for 50 people including food & booze. The ceremony can be held in a tropical garden or beach setting or in the resort’s chapel. There’s 4 nights of accommodation included for the bride and groom, so other than flights, you really don’t need to fork out much more cash – meaning you can pretty much wrap up your wedding costs at under $10k. That’s pretty damn affordable if you look at the costs of having a wedding back home. Better yet, if you book during the low season, Outrigger will even throw in 3 nights on Castaway Island, which is UNBELIEVABLE. It’s super exclusive and gorgeous and you’ll love it. Honeymoon sorted.
- There’s not only a kids club for little ones aged from 4-12 which is free for anyone staying at the resort (and it runs from 10am to 9pm!), there’s also a nanny service available. The nannies cost about $200AUD for 4 days, 8 hours a day. If your kids are too young for kids club or you want a different option, the nannies can look after your kids, and babies aged 6+ months. They can hang out with the kids in your room, take them around the resort, watch them at the kid’s club itself, or stick with you for some extra assistance so you don’t always need to have your eyes peeled by the pool. Best of all, of the 40 nannies at the resort, 6 of them were flown to Sydney to train to work with kids with special needs. So basically, if you or any of your friends have kids – the Outrigger will make things super easy – during the wedding – or just during your holiday. It’s a parent’s dream. Personally I hired nannies to watch all the kids near, but not at the wedding, so we could all relax and parents (including myself and my husband) could access our kids whenever we wanted to.
- The Outrigger is only an hour from the airport. It’s an easy drive, and makes transit for yourself and your guests super easy. There are closer resorts, but they aren’t smack bang in the middle of the Coral Coast. It’s sensationally beautiful and it’s worth seeking out, if not for the snorkeling and marine life, but for the overall experience that this award-winning resort offers up.
- The day spa is TO DIE FOR. It’s seriously amazing. I’ve personally enjoyed a treatment there (full body sugar scrub and facial) and it’s a beautiful, relaxing place to be. I can only imagine it would be a memorable place to get ready for your big day, or have a gorgeous day with your bridesmaids ahead of the wedding. Just wait until you’re sitting there, overlooking the picture perfect coastline, getting your complimentary foot and leg sugar scrub. It’s a dream. You’ll thank me later.
- I know I said 5 reasons but I just remembered this one. NO BUGS! The entire time I was in Fiji I kept panicking about mosquitos and flies and the like. I forgot to put on bug spray every single time I went out, but I didn’t get one bite – and I’m that person who ALWAYS gets bitten. It’s not really a reason to get married in Fiji, but wow, it’s an awesome supporting reason don’t you think? At my wedding in Bali I had massive mosquito bite welts all over my legs and arms. I was a walking blood bank and so were my guests. Not a lingering memory now but at the time it wasn’t the best thing to deal with. Anyway, just wanted to throw that in.
So if those reasons aren’t enough, I’ll let the beauty of Fiji do the talking for me.
Check out the full details of the Outrigger Fiji ‘Dream Wedding‘ package here.