The beautiful soft skin we were born with deteriorates over time and is subject to damaging UV rays, pollution, dehydration and free radicals. Luckily, help is at hand! Rosehip Oil is a remarkable natural product with rejuvenating and conditioning properties for our skin. It is currently one of the most highly recommended organic skincare products available.
Rosehip Oil is extracted from the hip of the rose (sometimes called fruit or seed) once it has finished flowering and has lost its petals. Beauty professionals worldwide use and recommend it, and it is popular with royals like the Duchess of Cambridge and celebrities including Gwyneth Paltrow and Miranda Kerr.
Why is Rosehip Oil so beneficial for my skin?
Rosehip Oil is packed with anti-oxidants, vitamins and nutrients known for their nourishing anti-ageing benefits. It is a natural source of:
- Essential fatty acids (Omega 3, 6 and 7) – that help to repair and regenerate damaged skin tissue.
- Vitamin E – an anti-oxidant that fights against free radicals and repairs skin cells from damage caused by sun exposure, acne breakouts etc. It has anti-inflammatory properties which calm and hydrate dry, sensitive skin.
- Vitamin C – an antioxidant that helps with skin brightening, skin cell renewal and improving skin tone.
- Antioxidant Lycopene – which helps improve skin texture and helps prevent premature ageing.
- Antioxidant Beta-Carotene – which is converted by the human body into vitamin A (retinol) and helps prevent free-radical damage responsible for skin ageing.
What are the benefits of using Rosehip Oil?
Rosehip Oil is found in a range of skincare products including night creams, moisturisers, serums, hand creams, sunscreen, body washes and lotions or can be used by itself. Five top benefits of Rosehip Oil are:
- A great moisturiser that instantly quenches dehydrated skin leaving it soft and smooth to touch.
- It reduces fine lines and wrinkles and helps to promotes skin cell renewal.
- It helps to combat oxidative damage and reinforces your skin’s barrier.
- It’s great for use on stretch marks, age spots, hyper-pigmentation, burns and scars; it’s astringent and skin nourishing properties help to speed up the healing process.
- It gives your skin a beautiful, natural radiance and can help to even out your skin tone.
Is Rosehip Oil suitable for all skin types?
Yes, Rosehip Oil is a light weight facial oil that is easily absorbed into the skin and does not leave an oily residue. All you need is 2-3 drops for your entire face. It is suitable for dry, normal, oily or combination skin. It is recommended to patch test before use; a must when trialling any new skincare product.
How should I use Rosehip Oil?
Rosehip Oil can be used as a facial oil or applied to your hands and body for all over hydration. After cleansing, massage 2-3 drops onto your face. If you need extra hydration or have dry skin, you can apply a natural moisturiser over it. Use Rosehip Oil before applying makeup for a dewy finish.
For younger looking hands, massage a few drops of Rosehip Oil to rehydrate each time you wash your hands. Keep it handy near your kitchen or bathroom sink.
It is an incredibly versatile oil, great for traveling or to keep in your handbag.
Other ways to make Rosehip Oil a part of your skincare routine is to look for anti-aging skincare products, sunscreen products, cleansers and moisturisers that include it as an active ingredient.
To see the benefits of Rosehip Oil for yourself, try some of the Rosehip range products from Natural Instinct. The Natural Instinct range of natural skincare products is developed to advance the skin quality, improving tone and texture and reducing the signs of ageing. This leading Australian brand specialises in skincare products that are good for you and good for the environment. They have been formulating high quality plant-derived skincare products utilising pure essential oils and organic ingredients for over a decade. They consciously choose to avoid 400 man-made synthetic chemicals in their skincare formulations. Their products are grey water safe and not tested on animals. The Natural Instinct skincare range is cost-effective and also available at Priceline Pharmacy, Chemist Warehouse and select chemist’s Australia-wide. Take advantage of one of Mother Nature’s best kept secrets and try Rosehip Oil for your skin today!